How did Bridging Hope start?
During the last days of the Viet Nam War, Sr. Sen was separated from her mother, her only living relative. After discovering that her mother had safely fled the country, Sr. Sen also escaped to be reunited with her. Yet, living comfortably in America did not cloud the images of her people suffering the effects of war and poverty. On her first trip back to Viet Nam in 1990, she witnessed children living on the streets, begging for food, and young women forced into prostitution simply to survive. Consequently, she founded Provide-N-Ce, a gift shop and gallery of handicrafts and art from Viet Nam. It was her first effort to raise funds for the sustenance, employment, and education of such women and children. Eventually her desire to help these marginalized people led her to found Bridging Hope, a nonprofit that has enabled her to expand her assistance to the victims of poverty and of diseases like polio and HIV/AIDS.
How does Bridging Hope make a difference?
- Raises funds for specific charitable programs.
- Fosters awareness of the unjust living conditions of women and children.
- Raises awareness about the vitality and richness of Vietnamese arts and culture.
- Luong Ha, Board President, Technical Services Manager, Regional Transportation District, Denver, CO. Retired
- Trang Nguyen, Treasure, Accountant
- Kieu Vu, Secretary
- Ethan Brady, Board Member
- Leslie Levine, Board Member, Retired Social Worker, Community Volunteer
- Mike Bleier, Academic Counselor at the University of Denver in the Learning Effectiveness Program.
- Kristy Pho Le, Board Member
- Sen Nguyen, OSF, Founder and Executive Director
- Zeke Williams, Lewis, Bess, Williams & Weese
- Chuong Le, The Law Group
- Minh Nguyen, Volunteer, Leader of the Vietnamese Catholic Youth Group, Denver, Colorado.
- Linh Bui, Technology
- Joan Buckley, Book-Keeping
- Chris Kitzmiller, Kitzmillermedia, Website
- Hieu Pham, GTG Marketing, Website
- MaiLinh Tran, Administrative Assistant in Viet Nam
- Vietnamese Student Association (VSA) at CU Boulder
- AA Lab – Westminster, CA
- Erin Murray and Zeke Williams
- Jean Demmler and John Kane
- St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church
- Sisters of St. Francis, Marycrest Franciscans, CO
- Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange
Honorable Sponsors and Donors
- U.S. Central & Southern Province/Society of Jesus
- The Benevity Community Impact Fund
- Hieu Pham/GTG Marketing and Printing
- The Corner Custom Framing, Denver, Colorado
- Tuyet A Nguyen
- Therese Le and Linh Nguyen
- Susan and Scott Johnson via Fidelity Charitable,
- Mary Thuy & Lương Ha
- Bonnie Hartman and JP Sullivan
- Pho Lan
- Ventura Resource
- Sisters of St. Francis, Marycrest Franciscans